mediocrity killed the CreCommer

|
"You must not let your life run in the ordinary way; do something nobody else has done, something that will dazzle the world. Show that God's creative principle works in you"

Paramahansa Yogananda


I've always been one that strives to break from the pack; to establish myself as an individual and do things that nobody else dares to do. I was the one who took initiative and was the over achiever. I was known as "that" person.

Now, i'm in a program that hosts 75 of these people. At first I was so excited to be among people of the like, but now I am finding it hard to break from the pack. Marty from the movie Madagascar, knows exactly how I feel.




Coming in to this program, I felt really creative and good at what I do. I did very well in University but now i'm the dreaded AVERAGE! But now, everyone is like me. I don't know how to raise the bar. How can I break from the pack? How can I prove to be (sorry Kenton), unique?

I guess it's just about finding my own way. I love it here and I love what we do! Just the mediocrity is eating me alive!

2 comments:

Melanie Lee Lockhart, APR said...

Don't think of it as mediocrity - think about how lucky you are to spend your days among this crowd of people who are as bright, talented and energetic as you are!

Miguel said...

I feel exactly the same way; I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.
I hope to use this feeling to challenge myself even more.