Hey you, twit.

|

I am officially a Twit.
Or am I a Tweeter?
Okay, so I don't know all the lingo and I am still in the process of figuring out when to put at signs (@), the pound sign (#) and the like to direct messages to people.
I have been on Twitter for a while now under the alias of Afauch (not very discreet, I know). I am still very skeptical on the whole thing but I believe it really does have a place in business, especially PR.

Twitter has the ability to reach a mass audience and already has sub-categories and lists according to certain topics and interests. This makes it easier to find and follow target audiences and to tailor messages.
It also allows for you to see what people are talking about. A business can find out if their product, ad or whatever is being talked about, without the cost of focus groups and surveys etc. It allows for candid discussion, giving real feedback.
The world is definitely changing. I remember when all I did on the computer was Number Munchers. C'est la vie.
Happy tweeting, twitting, or whatever you call it.

0 comments: