Cyclists

|
It's spring time in Winnipeg again, which means cyclists are out on the streets again.

Now, don't get me wrong. I think biking is great. It is great for the environment and it's good exercise. I just hate it when cyclists can't choose whether they want pedestrian rights or vehicle rights.

I was at the corner of Portage and Main yesterday. A cyclist saw the whole intersection was clear, and decided to go for it. He went half way through the intersection and then a car (who had a green light) just about hit him. Then he got mad at the driver!

I couldn't believe it. The cyclist was disobeying the rules of the road and had no right to be mad. He was in the wrong! But if the incident had caused an accident, we all know for a fact the person driving the vehicle would be blamed. I don't think that's fair at all. There should be consequences for cyclists that break the rules of the road, like: going through red lights, turning from the wrong turning lane or not signaling.

That's my rant for the day.

0 comments: